Friday, November 8, 2013

A Return from the dead...so to speak!

When I started this blog earlier this year, the intention was to watch all of Doctor Who by the time of the 50th anniversary.  Obviously, those plans fell apart once July rolled around, and I found I simply didn't have any time to devote to the blog (I work a great deal of overtime at my job during the summer).  I've never completely forgotten about this blog, and I've been wanting to restart and reboot this blog at some point. 

As such, the original plan for this blog has to be thrown out the window.  There's no way I could watch the rest of the Classic Series, along with all of the New Series by the 23rd of November, even if I had the entire time off from work.

Therefore, the new plan is simply to pick up where I left off, and soldier on.  No artificial deadlines this time, just simply enjoying the episodes in order of transmission along with other British shows and movies that happen to catch my interest.   Perhaps I'll be finished with my marathon watch of Doctor Who by next August, when the Twelveth Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi, has his first full adventure.  No promises, though.

I don't think I'll be trying for daily postings, but will endeavor to try to update on a somewhat regular basis.   I'll be starting off today and the rest of this weekend by posting some archived reviews that I had written prior to the hiatus and which I've now edited and polished off for your enjoyment.

In addition, I'm also including my review of Hurricane Who, a Doctor Who convention that was held this past weekend in Orlando, Florida along with a Southeastern US Doctor Who convention guide.

It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment